Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Festivus For The Rest of Us!

Ah Christmas. It's one of my favorite times of the year. That special time when I can make people give me gifts without feeling bad about it (not that I ever do). How could it not be anyone's number one holiday?
I kept expecting that saying of "it's better to give than recieve" to kick in, especially now that I'm an adult (yeah right),but to no avail.I'm still going strong with the mentality that nothing can top the feeling of seeing present after present with my name on it(even if my mom spells my name wrong, it's kind of a tradition in my mind though).
I get to open my presents at midnight on the 24th because that's what they do where my mom and dad are from, thank you Hispanic roots! That makes me feel slightly superior than everyone. This tradition is genius, I'm definitely not a morning person, no amount of anticipation would ever get me to wake up before 10, let's make it 11. So really I've lucked out, open presents at midnight, then sleep until 11, watch tv until my body has basically decomposed, and eat crap all day. It's really a Merry Christmas in the Noguera household.

No comments:

Post a Comment