Sunday, January 31, 2010

Holy Toledo!




Iglesia of Toledo



Holy Toledo is right my friends. This little city looks like something off the Lord of the Rings, anyone who's anyone knows that that makes it legitimately awesome. We saw a bunch of beautiful churches like the one above, of course we couldn't take any pictures, but trust me when I say I'm pretty sure there was a handful of dead priests in some rooms that were "off limits." Did I mention the amount of gold that was used in the decor? A handful of that would make me richer than the sultan.



Sure history is important, but you can't pass up a torture museum when it presents itself before you.



There Meredith and I are climbing up to Mordor, and for your viewing pleasure a panoramic pic of Toledo in all it's beauty. We finished our frigid experience going into a panaderia that was known for its Marzipan. It was good, but our bambas con nata (heavenly cream filled pastry) was like eating a perfect fluffy white cloud in the sky.

I'm going to the dirrtty south tomorrow for a week, it's going to be tizight!


Did anyone catch my reference to a certain Disney movie? You'll forever have my heart if you did.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, you think a native Agrabagian wouldn't recognize an Aladdin quote when he/she sees it? Plus I basically live Arabian nights all the time here so I've always got Aladdin on my mind.
    Get yourself some southern hospitality and we'll sexy-skype when I get back.

    ReplyDelete