Monday, June 1, 2009

A letter to me

Dear Nikki,

Well, the time we have feared is slowly creeping up, our childhood moments are coming to it's end. All you have is this last week to enjoy your adolescence, forget about liking Hannah Montana, having the e-mail sweetdancer_2, or getting those embarrasing stains on your mouth from eating otter pops. Those things will no longer be viewed as cute or acceptable because as soon as June 8th rolls around you'll be an adult. I know you're thinking what I'm thinking, I'll have to start carrying around a briefcase and use words like corpulent or nincompoop. Nikki, it's been a good run though, these 19 years have been nothing but good to us. Let's reminisce shall we....
Age: 6
There I was watching some cartoons in my tweety bird shoes, my brother who was 15 at the time started to mess with me. As he was towering over me, I couldn't help but loath every word that was coming out of his mouth. I curled my hand into a fist and punched him in the mouth, needless to say I showed him who was boss that day, he went crying like a girl in a training bra to the bathroom. Victory never tasted so sweet.

Age: 7 or 8ish
Going to Disneyland alone was the best thing ever, but they managed to bring it up a notch. The parades are already as magical as any kid could ever imagine, all the Disney gang gathered together on floats who's beauty exceeds that of the 7 world wonders. I was merely an observer licking those lollipops that could last you a week ,when suddenly my hand was tugged. Usually tugging is something that makes me want to rip out the other person's intestines but when Donald Duck did it I couldn't have wanted it any other way. He motioned me to the float and it was as if the world had froze and it was just me and Donald, I skipped to the float and he handed me some shiny confetti. I have it till this day.

I'm not just saying this but you're the coolest girl I know.
Love, ME

2 comments:

  1. Past, present, and future Nikki:
    I love this. It involves everything I like best: Disneyland, violence, and the word nincompoop. You'll transition swimmingly into adulthood--especially because you can still like all the old, "childish" things because now it can be ironic to like them. For example, I'm typing this while ironically drinking water out of a sippy cup shaped like an octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki. This is why you. are. my. best. friend.
    You've had a good run as a teenager though, I know you'll love being a 20 year old. Sure, it will make your interest in young boys a little more creepy, but your powers as a hot, latina cougar will only be more and more impressive.
    Come on in to the adult waters, the water's fiiine.

    ReplyDelete