Sunday, March 28, 2010

Las Fallas are on FIRE!

Valencia has a celebration once a year where they build paper mache floats that cost more than my life, and then proceed to burn them on fire. Las Fallas.


Before













After

Imagine the fourth of July, but even better. All day long explosions of illegal proportions would be going on, making me feel like I was in a war zone. Plus look at these delights that stared at me everywhere I went.






Rebecca and I became pyromaniacs with the firecrackers Landas bought us. We were acting like pre-teen boys as we tried to compete with the illegal fireworks some ten year old boys had.





















Look at how cool I look drinking Valencian Horchata. (don't be fooled by my springtime shirt, it was actually pretty cold outside.) It tasted nothing like the Horchata I know and love, but being on this study abroad has made me eat and/ or drink anything in sight, in fear of never knowing when I'll have another meal again.




Again, I plowed through this Paella and was not ashamed that I looked desperately hungry, and even ate the snail that accompanied it. It wasn't that bad either, but that could just be the hunger talking.












Woke up at 6 am and didn't get home until 7am the next morning. As you can see, the end of our journey was not kind to us in the slightest.

1 comment:

  1. yeah i thought we were pretty cool with our fireworks, until those dumb kids out did us. next year, we might have to come with bombs, but we will show those kids.

    ReplyDelete